Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I love these cookies. They are a combination of two of my favorite "higher calorie/ fat" cookies. After making these and having my husband and I both devouring them, I think they are a top contender.

Ingredients (Makes 15ish cookies):
1 tblsp ground flaxseed (I get this from the "Bulk Barn", truth be told I pretty much get everything from there)
3 tblsp water
3/4 cup margarine or "Earth Balance Butter"
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 cup of coconut milk or milk alternative (you may need more or less, but it helps make a better cookie dough consistency)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips (or another flavor)
1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)

1) In a large bowl, whisk ground flax and water together until gel like and slightly foamy. Whisk in margarine/ butter, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2) Place all other ingredients into the bowl (except for the chips and walnuts). Mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Fold in peanut butter chips and walnuts.
3) Spoon cookies onto an ungreased baking pan with a tablespoon. Flatten slightly. Bake for 7-9 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or just until the tops are touchable and not gooey. Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...