Condensed Soy, Rice or Nut Milk

This is an excellent substitute for the condensed milk found in many recipes. It works exactly like regular condensed milk, but is animal friendly! I got this off a the website "Vegan Baking".

Ingredients (makes 1 cup):
2 ¼ cups non-dairy milk
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt

- Place non-dairy milk and sugar in a saucepan and cook over a medium-low heat, whisking frequently. Do this until the volume is reduced to 1 cup. Don't let the mixture boil aggressively- a very mild simmer is OK. When 1 cup of mixture remains, whisk in the vanilla extract and salt. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.Enjoy!
Tweet This

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 PM

    I love this! What a great idea! I have a brownie recipe that calls for sweetened condensed milk drizzled on top.. now I can make it fully vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely can't take credit for this one! But, had to post it because I thought it was fantastic. The website I snagged it from is a great one, with tons of other great vegan recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...