Raw Mango Berry Cobbler

I love raw desserts. They make complete sense because dessert (being my favorite meal) can be better enjoyed when guilt-free. I love the combination of mango and berries. To me, that is what goes in the perfect smoothie, so why not together in a cobbler? You can pretty much use any fruit that you like in this dish (I have used peaches instead of mangoes, as well). I really just use whatever is in season, to make it cheaper for myself. Either way this is an impressive dessert, both in color and taste, that I am sure you and your family will enjoy!


Ingredients (makes 8 x 10 dish):
Crust:
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp sea salt

1 tbsp vanilla extract
¾ cup pitted dates
1/3 cup fruit juice (helps break down the dates, adds sweetness, and binds the crust)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Fruit Filling:
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup fruit juice (I like to use orange juice, but you can use any juice that you like)
1 tsp vanilla extract

4 cups berries, and mangoes (in any combination that you like)

1) Process walnuts, oats and sea salt in a processor or blender until they are broken down, almost into a powder. Add all other crust ingredients and process until mixed well (a slightly crumbly, but spreadable dough will be made). Press 3/4 of the crust onto the bottom of an 8 x 10 dish, and set aside.
2) Process the dates, extract, and fruit juice until a smooth sauce is made (it should be slightly thick). Toss fruit with the sauce mixture in a large bowl. Pour fruit mixture over top of the crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of crust mixture on top. Let stand for an hour to let the flavors meld. Serve at room temperature, enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...