Mango Orange Sherbet (sweetened with Agave)

This is so easy to make and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I will making this all of the time to keep on hand in the freezer. This is a healthy version of Sherbot, that is sweetened with a touch of agave, and the natural sugars from the mango and orange. I wanted to keep this recipe simple (although I thought about putting a banana in it as well, just for another flavor dimension). I am PMS'ing big time right now, and I just wanted something fast, and delicious that would keep me from laying into my husband. This worked!

Ingredients (serves 4):
3 mangoes, peeled and cored (the bigger, the better)
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup agave syrup

Berries, for garnish (optional)
* If you want to achieve a berry syrup (like in the photo), without all of the sugar, just freeze strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries, then de-thaw in a bowl. Berries (especially strawberries) are filled with natural juices which are brought to the surface during the freezing process.

1) Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until completely smoother. Transfer to an icecream maker, according to the directions (the best way), OR place in a sealable container and freeze (re-blending half way through to keep it smooth). Enjoy with berries, or on its own!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...