Lime and Cumin Glazed Corn

Summer corn is my ultimate favorite. Everything about it makes me happy, even when it gets stuck in my front teeth, and my husband refuses to warn me, laughing, while I am out in public (....yes, I still love it). If you are a big corn eater like I am, then you agree that sometimes it needs to be 'pumped' up, and this recipe does just that. The trick to this is a mortar and pestle, which helps grind all of the flavors together (but you can also use a processor). This can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks, and it only gets better with time.


Ingredients (makes about 1/4 cup, covers about 10 corn):
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1/2 tsp lime zest
1/2 tsp cumin

1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup vegan butter (my favorite is Earth Balance)

Cooked Corn on the Cob

1) Place the salt, pepper, zest and cumin in a mortar and pestle (or a processor). Grind for a few minutes, or until the oils from the peel come out, and there is a strong lime scent. Mix the ground seasonings with the butter and juice, either by hand or in a processor. To use, spread on 
the hot corn on the cob with a silicone brush, or a knife. Enjoy!


 
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...