No-Oil Red Pepper Hummus

I love hummus, but prior to finding a good recipe, I would always buy it. I came to realize that because of the amount of hummus I ate, and because of my apparent 'posh' tastebuds, I was spending a TON of money. So I started making hummus at home and realized that I get way more for my buck, as well as the knowledge of what goes into it. Try this one out, see if you like it, if not than tweak it however you want (I always do).


Ingredient (makes about 1 1/2 cups):
1/2 jar of roasted red peppers (The flame roasted ones are exceptionally good)
1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, and 1/2 cup liquid
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
2-3 large garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp balsamic vinegar

1) Mix all of the ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Add water to smooth it out.
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...