Baba Ganouj

I wanted to take a stab at making this dip. I love it and buy it all of the time, but haven't tried to make it myself until now. I often look at the ingredients list on my store-bought hummus and dips and try to recreate them. This is better then the one I typically bought in store, so needless to say I have been making it too much (or not enough, depending on perspectives)

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant
olive oil for brushing
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4- 1/2 cup of tahini sauce (I usually add a bit more until the desired texture)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
2-4 dashes of hickory smoke flavoring (you can find this in most grocery stores)

1) Slice eggplant in half. Brush olive oil on top, and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven (or until soft).
2) Place all other ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend till smooth. When eggplant is finished baking, let cool until it is workable. Scoop out the pulp (everything but the skin), and place in the food processor along with the other blended ingredients. Puree until smooth. Serve with your favorite crackers, bread, or vegetables. Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...