Velvet Squash Soup

Yummy. A Fall soup delight! I tweaked this recipe from a Barefoot Contessa Recipe I found online.

Ingredients (Make enough for 4):
2 tblsp margarine or butter alternative (I like Earth Balance)
1 tblsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped (the peeling sucks, but trust me in the end it will be well worth it)
2 apples, peeled and cored
2 cups vegetable stock (as an alternative, I like to use the chicken-less chicken stock I get at the Bulk Barn)
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
a few grinds of pepper
1 cup apple cider
1) In a large pot, melt butter and heat oil. Add chopped onions. Cover and simmer until the onions are slightly caramelized (about 8 minutes).
2) Add squash, apples, stock and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
3) Transfer soup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
4) Transfer soup back into the pot. Add apple cider and simmer until hot. Serve and Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...