Creamy, Raw Vegetable Soup

So, this is the first recipe that I tried on my "raw food stunt" and I have to say, I think this is going to be an easy couple of weeks. This soup is delicious, and very easy to make. I was a little worried about eating a 'luke warm' type soup, but these ingredients play well to that. I got this recipe from my new cookbook "The Complete Book of Raw Food".

Ingredients (Serves 6):
Soup:
10 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
4 fresh basil leaves
2 tblsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tblsp olive oil
1/4 cup raisins
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup of jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
1 cup sun dried tomatoes

Add ins:
1 avocado, cubed
1 ear of corn cut from the cob (optional, but good)
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
Parsley, garnish

1) Blend all of the soup ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Set aside until desired temperature (it can be served cold, or room temperature)
2) Mix all of the add ins in a large bowl. Place a handful of add ins into individual bowls. Pour the soup on top and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...