Fennel Cucumber Salsa

I found this beauty on the Allrecipes.com website. I was making a soup and I had left over fennel, so I searched for a recipe that could use it up. This goes great with tortilla chips, or you could even eat it as a side salad.

Ingredients (makes enough for 4 people):
1 small fennel bulb, finely diced (just so you know, fennel is often mislabeled as anise)
1/2 cucumber, diced
4 green onions, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup of pickled banana peppers, diced (I used fire roasted red peppers and a few drops of hot sauce)
1 big handful of cilantro, chopped
1 tblsp agave nectar
1 1/2 tblsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

1) Mix all ingredients together. Serve cold with tortilla chips, or as a side salad. Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...