Sesame Noodle Salad

I was playing with ingredients in my fridge and I came up with what I think is one of the best cold noodle salads I have made. This pairs softly sweet with flavorful crunchy, try it out!

Ingredients (Serves 4):
2 handfuls of whole wheat spaghetti (enough for 4 people), cooked until al dente 
1/4 cup maple syrup (I have used agave nectar as well)
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
A few shakes of salt and pepper

2 green onions, diced
1/2 cup carrots, matchstick slices (this is tedious, but worth it)1/2 cup cucumber, matchstick slices
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup cashews, lightly toasted, chopped (you could also use peanuts, I just LOVE cashews).
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted

1) Cook spaghetti noodles. While cooking, whisk together syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and seasonings. Once noodles are finished, drain and place hot noodles into the sauce mixture. Fold together until noodles are covered. Set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (the noodles will begin to soak up the majority of the sauce)
2) Combine all other ingredients into the noodle mixture. Serve at room temperature, or cold. Enjoy!
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...