Sweet and Salty Lettuce Wraps

I'll be honest, I am obsessed with lettuce wraps, make them all of the time, then put them on my blog, and am now running out of names for them. Mostly I just don't like to follow specific recipes for lettuce wraps because I like to use up whatever I have in the fridge. That's what sparked these lettuce wraps, because I realized I had run out of hoisin sauce (so I couldn't make my 'Sweet and Saucy Lettuce Wraps'). So, sorry for the repetition, but these don't taste the same as the others because of the addition of (drum roll please) Ani Phyo's Gochuchang Sauce!!! I just ordered her new book "Ani's Raw Food Asia", and will most definitely be making as many recipes from it as I can. Other than the sauce, these lettuce wraps have more raw ingredients, making them healthy and crunchy.

Ingredients (serves 4):
Noodle Sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sesame oil (toasted)
a few drops of sriracha sauce, or hot sauce (optional)
a few grinds of pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger, or 1 tsp fresh minced ginger


1/2 cup chopped cashews, or peanuts


Ani Phyo's Gochuchang Sauce (modified):
1 heaping tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
some water to thin it out (about 1 tbsp)

Lettuce Wraps:
1/2 package rice noodles
Water

Lettuce wraps (you can buy them pre-trimmed, or just use your favorite lettuce, or leafy greens)
1 red bell pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 carrot, grated
1 small apple, cored and grated

1) Cook the noodles according the the package directions. Whisk together the noodle sauce ingredients in a large bowl (along with the cashews). Once the noodles are cooked through, drain them, and add the noodles to the sauce in the bowl, folding to combine and covering with a plate so that they can soak up the sauce. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
2) Whisk together the gochuchang sauce, adding as much water as needed to thin it out slightly. Set aside.
3) To assemble, place some of the warm noodles on to a lettuce leaf, top with crunchy veggies and apple, then drizzle with the gochuchang sauce. Enjoy!

Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...