Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut, Dip

This recipe is tweaked from a book call "The Vegan Table". Initially, I thought the idea of making a dip with bread crumbs was disgusting. I actually bypassed this recipe again, and again, holding back vomit on each page turn (this just in: is it wrong to talk about excrements when providing a recipe?) Nonetheless, I found myself craving a dip, and had limited ingredients (which is the story of my life). So I gave this a shot, and came out a fool. The recipe is delicious, but unfortunately my bruised ego for not having trusted it in the first place may never recover.

Ingredients (makes about 1 1/2 cups):
1 jar of roasted red peppers
2/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs
(or 2 slices of toast with 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning)
1 cup of walnuts
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
2 tblsp of lemon juice
1 tblsp of agave nectar
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8- 1/4 cup of olive oil

1) Puree all of the ingredients together until smooth. Add as much olive oil as you would like. Enjoy! (honestly, you need to try it out with grated cheese, warmed in the oven, with a dollop of sour cream on top, it makes this insane!)
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...